Newsflash: No one gives a shit about your product.
No one cares how great you are.
All those awards you’ve won? Your accolades, testimonials, features, events, general awesomeness?
Anything else about you, your company, or your product?
None of it matters. Unless…
- Unless it solves the problem that haunts them.
- Unless you address their burning need.
- Unless you relate to how your buyer is thinking in any given moment.
Want to create more demand for your product by your target audience?
Here’s a quick primer for creating messaging that resonates:
- Start with their problem.
- Focus on their pain.
- Be vivid, but brief.
- Never use business jargon.
- Don’t fear loss aversion messages, embrace them. (Avoidance of pain beats benefit or gain….EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.)
- Whatever you do, don’t beat your chest. (At least until they ask.)
Sales messaging should be easy. Let’s make it so.